Wednesday, March 25, 2015

The "2 Months Left" Mark

So it's been a long time since I've blogged, and I have seriously missed it. A lot So I'll update as quickly as possible.

Here's what I did over spring break:
  • Went home to Rochester from March 7 - March 14
  • Caught up on Scandal with my mom, and got the DVR down to 70% Full (probably the lowest its been in years)
  • Had my first facial 
  • Got dinner with my best friend, Kater 
  • Spent some time with my littles, Julia and Nicole (they even tricked me into going to the gym)
  • Went to lunch in the city (of Rochester - now I have to differentiate) with my two lovely "boss friends", Kelli and Nicole 
  • Drove my car, Tammy – definitely one of the things I miss most!
  • Ate a lot of Mark's and went to Wegmans

Here's what I've done in the past week:

  • Work
  • Went to a concert where I saw ANSOLO (aka Ansel Elgort) perform on his 21st birthday - it was crazy. Also, you can see me in the crowd picture he posted on his Instagram account, no big deal.
  • Celebrated Saint Patrick's Day (pictures below)
  • Saw Kater in NYC and got dinner with her in Eataly
  • Went on a food tasting tour in Hell's Kitchen
  • Got to watch the Knicks vs. Timberwolves game from a private suite (shout out to my roomie for being the best)
  • An SNL video was done on my floor at work, so that was cool...
  • Finished watching all of 30 Rock on Netflix


Here's everything else I've done since my last blog post:

  • Not really anything

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Normally when I go home and my break comes to an end, I get overly emotional about leaving. Having to go back to the reality of school and work and "real life" – which are all terribly overrated, by the way – is hard! This time was especially difficult leave since I have been having such a difficult time in the city as of late (I'm okay, I promise).

But, as usual, my mom was able to calm me down and set me straight.

It's funny, because while preparing for my semester in New York, I was so nervous about whether I would hate it, and my mom was nervous that I would like it so much that I would never want to come back home. So on a fairly regular basis she would say, "it's only for five months". I'm not sure if she was saying it to comfort me or her... but that doesn't matter.

It's been just about 2.5 months since I moved here. And frankly, I am not getting as much out of the experience as I know I should be.

If I'm not at work, I'm alone in my room.

The weather has been so cold that I cry (literally) whenever I walk outside... so I avoid going outside.

I've barely eaten ANY pizza!

With only two-ish months left in the city (I'm leaving mid-May), I need to seriously switch up my mindset. I have so much that I wanted to do, and have done so little of it. I only have a few weekends/days off left that I know I need to get up and go out and actually experience the city. Because I know that it will be a week before I have to leave and I'll be crying because I didn't do or see enough.

So with that being said, I am going to make a conscious effort to make the most of my last two months.
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
Here's some pictures, yay!







• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

To anyone wondering what's been going on with me lately, it's been a combination of many things – work, school, medical and personal things, etc. But don't worry! I've stockpiled a number of pictures and videos and BuzzFeed articles about cats that people have sent me......so I'm set.

I'm going to try to be better at posting. I honestly have missed writing. I want to do a lot with this blog, and it's just been a difficult time. Anyway, thank you to everyone who has messaged me or have been thinking of me.

Seriously, thank you.
xo, Laurie

No comments :

Post a Comment